Deployable Space Systems, Inc. (DSS) is an established small business in the state of California and resides in two high technologies facilities located in Goleta, California
DSSís two advanced high-technology facilities combine to provide approximately 16,000-ft2 of facility space. DSSís facilities are comprised of large high-bay equipment/working areas for prototyping and manufacture/test of flight-like hardware, a 100,000 class clean room area for manufacture/test of flight hardware, and professional working office areas to facilitate design, analysis, meetings, and other professional functions.
DSSís facility has complementary equipment to support the design, production, and test of quality space hardware. The following is an abbreviated listing of DSSís manufacturing and test facility capabilities:
- A positive-pressure, temperature-controlled, and humidity-monitored Class 100,000 clean work-area totaling approximately 1,500 sq. ft.
- A very-large 7,000 sq.ft. clean work area with un-obstructive high-bay ceilings for fabrication, manufacture and test of prototype / flight hardware (area can be converted to Class 100,000 clean work-area.
- A large 2,500 sq.ft. clean work area with un-obstructive high-bay ceilings for fabrication, manufacture and test of prototype hardware.
- A small-scale specialty machine shop with milling, lathes, and various other metalworking tools.
- An electronics workspace for the fabrication, testing, and storage of special purpose instrumentation and data processing equipment.
- Multiple computer controlled ambient pressure nitrogen back-filled rapid thermal-cycle test chamber capable of -175C (-180C) to +120C.
- Calibrated and maintained hand measurement and inspection tools/equipment.
- Dark I-V Lab View based test-bed for measuring the electrical performance of solar arrays / SPM panel assemblies.
- Theodolite and Laser measurement / positioning equipment.
- Four computer controlled ambient pressure nitrogen back-filled thermal chambers capable of -160C to +120C temperature.
- Extensive structural and kinematic test equipment utilized for the extension and loading of deployable structures.
- Deployment offloader rails for functional deployment testing.
- Very large erectable thermal chambers for hot / cold deployment or thermal cycle testing of large deployable structures of irregular shapes.
- Structural and kinematic test equipment utilized for the extension and loading of deployable structures.
- Computer-controlled proximity sensors and load cells for data acquisition.